Whether you’re looking to replace the old mattresses within your house or you’re interested in finding mattresses that don’t wake up your partner when you toss and turn, we’ve got the solution!
You don’t even have to go from store to store anymore and lie on a bed in front of everyone in order to make the right decision.
Most companies offer trial periods for the mattresses now! To sweeten the deal, those mattresses often come in boxes, which makes shipping and setting them up a breeze.
Still not convinced? Many of these options have extended warranties, customizable options, comfort levels, and more.
|Brand/Model||Key Features||Ratings||More Information|
|Snuggle-Pedic Mattress|| Flex-Support Technology
King-sized (various sizes available)
4-month trial period
| 5 out of 5
For more information, click here!
|Zinus (12-inch) Green Tea Mattress|| Green tea memory foam
Queen-sized (various sizes available)
No trial period
| 4.4 out of 5
For more information, click here!
How to Choose Between Mattresses
We should consider many factors when choosing between mattresses. It’s often hard to come to an agreement with our partners about whether we should get firm, soft, or in-between mattresses.
Thankfully, some manufacturers have taken this into consideration and have created models that are adjustable. One side can be plush while the other can be as firm as a board. One side can be heated while the other is cooled.
It all depends on you and how much money you’re willing to invest into you and your partner’s sleep preferences.
- What’s your budget?
- That’s always the main question you should ask yourself. You don’t want to splurge if you can’t afford it!
- You can expect to spend anywhere from $200 to over $3,000 on mattresses.
- More money doesn’t always mean more comfort or adjustability so be sure to do your research!
- How much weight will the mattresses be holding?
- It might not seem like an important consideration at first glance but it really is.
- Some beds aren’t meant to hold more than 500 pounds in total, so reading the fine print is a must!
- On the bright side, some companies have taken it upon themselves to create mattresses that can easily handle much more than 500 pounds of weight. It’s all about looking in the right places.
- Can you and your partner agree on an ideal firmness?
- If not, you’ll want to get a bed that splits down the middle (or two beds that can connect), allowing each half to be adjusted as each user sees fit.
- If you can agree, awesome! Shopping for mattresses should be a breeze.
- Some like it soft, some like it firm, others like it somewhere in between.
- If you deal with aches and pains, a super plush bed might not be the best choice. Get with your doctor if you’re having trouble deciding on which type would best suit your body’s needs.
- Springs or no springs?
- It’s hard to ship mattresses with springs through the mail but, believe it or not, some companies make it possible.
- In our opinion, some of the most comfortable and pain-friendly mattresses are thick, padded alternatives.
- Should you test some options in a store?
- Sure! Just don’t rush things.
- If you do decide to take some models for a “test drive,” don’t just lie on them for a minute and be fooled into believing it’s the best thing you’ve ever climbed onto.
- It takes about 10-20 minutes of lying down on a mattress to really get a feel for it and how your body will react to it.
- If you don’t like dealing with pushy salespeople, avoid the stores altogether and opt for a model that offers a 30 to a 90-day trial period.
- Which size would you prefer?
- Small is fine if that’s what you want! There are plenty of cozy little twin-sized beds out there just as there are several comfortable queen or king-sized options.
- The smaller the mattresses are, the less of an impact it’s likely to make on your budget.
- If you share a bed with someone and you don’t mind getting cozy, even a full-sized bed might work!
Our Favorite Mattresses on Amazon
- The Snuggle-Pedic is an amazing, American-made mattress that will blow your mind.
- If you’re concerned about supporting products made in the USA, you’ll be pleased to hear that these beds are manufactured in California.
- The specific model we looked at was the king-sized bed but they also offer California kings, fulls, queens, twins, and XL twin-sized beds.
- You can expect to spend a little more than $1,000 on the standard king.
- Features Flex-Support Technology which means it’s good at supporting bodies, alleviating pain, and is surprisingly easy to move around on.
- Comes with a bamboo cover that also features Kool-Flow technology.
- That means you won’t sweat and stain the mattress so easily! It has breathable material, making it easy to keep you comfortable regardless of how warm your bedroom might be.
- Worried about the price?
- Backed by a four-month trial period in which you can make exchanges and adjustments to better suit your comfort needs.
- If the lengthy trial period isn’t enough to convince you, surely the 20-year warranty will be!
- This company has been around for quite some time and is all about keeping its customers comfortable and happy.
- Don’t be shy, head over to their customer support page and ask any questions you may have before you finalize your purchase.
Zinus (12-inch) Green Tea Mattress
- The Zinus Green Tea Mattress is an affordable, incredibly comfortable option for most people.
- You can usually find these for less than $400.
- Too thick? No worries!
- They offer an assortment of sizes: 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch foam mattresses for California kings, fulls, kings, queens, and twin-sized beds.
- The thicker it is, the more durable it is, in our opinion. People suffering from severe or chronic back pain are likely to appreciate a model like this.
- Worried you’ll get too hot? Don’t be!
- Like our previous choice, these mattresses feature foam that allows air to flow through it instead of trapping it and making you wake up feeling feverish.
- The biggest downfall to this model, in our opinion, is its lack of a trial period.
- Some stores do carry this brand, so if you’re hesitant to buy it, try it out first.
- It does feature a limited warranty but it’s not as inclusive as our previous choice’s warranty is.
- Takes some time to “unravel.”
- This is a mattress-in-a-box, and since this particular version is so thick, it can take up to a week to fully unfold itself and reach its maximum level of comfort.
- The green tea extract helps keep your sleep area fresher than most alternatives would, which we love! (Does anyone actually like scrubbing mattresses after extended periods of use)?
Other options, like the Tuft & Needle models, are just a little more expensive than the Zinus mattress… but they’re very comfortable and boast great ratings from most users!
We wish we could sleep on all the comfy mattresses in the world right about now! Good luck staying awake on one of these bad boys!