Holiday Gift Guide
The holidays have snuck up on us once again. It’s the season for sharing. Love, laughter, warmth, and presents are bound to fill the room soon. Struggling with ideas for the perfect gift for your loved one? Worry no more.
In this post, we’re going to be giving you gift advice galore! It doesn’t really matter which holiday (or holidays) you’re celebrating so much as it matters who you’re celebrating with.
Giving a gift, great or small, tends to warm even the coldest of hearts. Even if you really know someone, it can be difficult to figure out which gift they’d appreciate the most. That’s where we come in!
You’ll notice this table is a bit different from our other ones, which tend to stick to similar products. This one is all over the place because we’ve singled out some of the best gift ideas from each category we’ve selected and placed them at the top of our list.
Keep reading for more gift suggestions. Just because it didn’t make it to our table doesn’t mean it isn’t out there!
|Gift Type||Key Features||Ratings||More Information|
|Amazon Gift Card in a Pop-Up Box|| Can be sent in the mail
Costs about $25 to $2,000
| 5 out of 5
For more information, click here!
|PlayStation 4 Pro|| Can be sent in the mail
Costs about $400
| 4.9 out of 5
For more information, click here!
How To Go About Giving a Gift
Generally, there is no one-and-done gift to give everyone you know with a guarantee to make them all happy. Gift giving should be a little more personal than that, regardless of the occasion.
Let’s discuss some of the most important things to keep in mind while shopping for your loved ones this holiday season.
- What is your budget?
Your budget is the most important part about all of this. You don’t want to go too crazy with the gift-giving and end up thousands of dollars in debt to your credit card company. (Unless, perhaps, you can pay that off relatively quickly).
If you have plenty of extra cash lying around, then make your purchases as you please. If you don’t, create a budget you can stick to.
The more people you decide to buy gifts for, the more money you’ll be spending. The bigger the gift, the higher the price, which means you should plan your purchases carefully.
There’s nothing wrong with having a small amount of money to spend on gifts during the holiday season! It’s how you spend the money you do have that matters the most.
If you can’t afford to get everyone you love a brand new television set, then don’t! Sometimes small, heartfelt gifts mean the most, anyway.
Our point is this: try to avoid spending more money than you know you can afford to.
If you’re anything like us, we know that’s hard. We want to give the best of the best to everyone we care about but our bank accounts won’t allow that. So we map things out, stick to a budget, and do what we can with what we have.
If your budget is smaller than you’d like to admit, keep in mind that there are many wonderful, do-it-yourself gift ideas out there, too!
- How many family members and/or friends will be receiving presents?
This is usually where the majority of our money goes during the holidays.
Some of us don’t have a long list of people they’d like to give gifts to while others do.
Some of us may be fine with giving 4 or 5 people some stuff while others may be wrapping gifts for 50 or more!
It doesn’t really matter whether you’re spending money on friends or family members or both. What you do need to keep track of is the number of people you’re planning on spoiling.
The more accurate your list of recipients is, the more accurate your budget can be… but that’s not all!
Knowing the numbers and names of the family and friends you wish to surprise will help you select personalized products a lot easier, too.
- How many coworkers do you plan on giving a gift to?
Many companies and workforces these days encourage people to give gifts to one or more coworkers. Whether you’re drawing a name from a hat in order to exchange gifts with one person or you’d rather give everyone a little something, this tradition tends to bring work families closer together.
In fact, for some, exchanging gifts at work may be as far as your holiday spirit stretches… and that’s fine! We’re just counting numbers here.
- Make a list and check it twice!
If you’re a giver, chances are, you have a lot of gifts to prepare. Your life will be a lot easier if you make a list.
On this list, write down names, gift ideas, and prices. This goes along with the budget aspect of this gift guide.
The more detailed your list is, the more accurate the numbers will be. The more accurate the numbers are, the less stressful your shopping can be.
You probably won’t find yourself splurging on one person and not being able to give anyone else a gift if you have a detailed list of people in front of you!
- What does each recipient like?
This is where it gets a bit tricky. If you’re not known for being a good observer, you may have no idea where to start shopping.
If you’re really stumped, ask their closest friends and family members. If you still can’t figure something out, go with something simple like cash, snacks, or gag gifts.
- Gift cards are good!
If you’re delivering your gifts in the mail or you have no idea what to get someone, it’s hard to go wrong with a gift card.
All you have to do is figure out their favorite (or most-visited) store, restaurant, or salon.
This option is great for anyone who has a lot of people on their list. Even if you don’t know where their favorite physical retailer is, Amazon gift cards exist for a reason!
When you or the person you’re shopping for can’t make up your mind, an Amazon or a pre-paid Visa card are great options.
Our Favorite Gift Ideas
We’ll be breaking it down into small categories from this point on. But there is no question about our preferred choice, as we made sure to list it first!
It is sure to please even the pickiest recipients because they can choose their own gift. You guessed it: it’s an Amazon gift card!
All-inclusive & Gender-neutral
Gift cards are the best.
Surprisingly enough, you can even purchase gift cards for other retailers from Amazon! So if you don’t want to fight the crowds in person, you can still get your loved one a gift card to their favorite store online.
For the most part, you can expect varying retailer gift cards to cost $10 or more. $25-50 is the average cost for most preloaded retailer cards.
More interested in helping someone take a dream vacation than giving them access to purchasable products? You can even buy airline gift cards on Amazon!
- This particular Amazon gift card box is festive and is sure to make anyone of any gender or age happy.
- Just remember, if they’re a minor, you might want to address it to their guardian.
- Inside the box is a cute pop-up tree surrounded by gifts.
- The starting price for most of these is $50. Some stores may have the option to load less money onto them, though.
- $50 isn’t the limit! You can load each card with up to $2,000.
- If you have a lot of extra money and you know someone that’s been eyeing a big-ticket item but you can’t remember the specifics, this is a great choice.
- If you’re not fond of the design, you’ll be happy to hear that there are plenty of digital gift cards, too.
- If you didn’t make a list and check it twice, digital cards are great options for last-second gifts because they can be delivered within minutes.
- Just make sure you enter in the correct recipient information, otherwise, you might make a stranger very happy!
Gifts for Gamers
The holidays are a great time to gift the gamer in your life the new console they’ve been raving about all year. If you give them a console, someone else can give them a gift card for their favorite games.
The hottest consoles on the market right now are the PlayStation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
We went with the PS4 Pro because of its efficiency, game selections, and VR compatibility.
- The PlayStation 4 Pro is sure to please any console gamer. (Unless they’re a diehard Microsoft fan, anyway).
- This specific model is compatible with PSVR, so for a couple hundred dollars more, you could go ahead and get them ready for virtual reality gaming, too.
- The PS4 Pro runs smoothly, can be used with HDR & 4K TVs, and is currently one of the only non-PC consoles that have a nice selection of VR games.
- As with many modern consoles, you can download many of your favorite streaming apps, too.
- We do not recommend this for small children (look into the Nintendo consoles if you’re looking for more child-friendly equipment)… but it is a great gift for teens and adults alike!
- You can expect to pay around $400 for the console itself.
- There are bundles and special-edition models, too, just expect to pay a little more for those.
- Add VR into the equation and you’ll be looking at a cost of about $650 or more, depending on your selections.
- This is still surprisingly cheaper than many custom-built PCs, so we’re all for the add-ons!
Amazon has such a wide range of options it’s ridiculous. You can give someone the gift of Prime, which gives them access to next-day delivery and free shipping on most items.
With many Prime subscriptions, you can also sign people up for other things that you’d be willing to pay for.
Food box subscriptions, grocery delivery packages, pet supply boxes, and more are also fantastic gift choices!
Not interested in paying for someone’s subscription? If you know they can handle those payments on their own, you can gift them the starter kit they might need.
During this season, things like the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick, Kindles, and more are often on sale for much more affordable prices than normal.
Amazon has really taken things to the next level and we can’t get enough of it.
Don’t want that high-tech stuff?
Don’t forget about options like at-home spa kits, watches, clothing, makeup and accessories, fragrances, furniture, and more.
There is so much to choose from! We’re tech-junkies, so gift cards and gaming consoles are definitely at the top of our lists. We just can’t deny the beauty of all the other bundles Amazon has to offer right now, either.
We hope each and every one of you have a wonderful holiday season and find exactly what you’re looking for. Thank you for glancing at our gift guide. Happy shopping!